How can I dress with the artsy style?

Okay, so I’ve been changing and becomeing more mentally mature lately.So u decided it’s time for a change in appearence. Right now I wear jeans and t-shirts (different stuff but not too vibrant or extreme). I always wear my chuck taylors (converse) and if it’s cold enough I wear my American apparel hoodie. The “musician” sort of look I guess you could call it (well I am a musician and that’s what people know me as).
I have long dark brown REALLY curly “Jew fro” hair but I am white so it’s not like a black persons hair (no offence or harm intended but it’s true that we have different hair).

So I’m getting my hair cut short, sort of like micheal cera (spelling?)
But I need to know about clothing. I want sort of an artsy more mature style, but DEFINATELY not preppy! No polo’s and it’s a stretch if I wear khaki.

I’m thinking getting a bunch of long sleeve button down shirts. Some maybes flanel but I’m not a big fan. What kinds of tee shirts should I get. I just fit this plain blue one with small white stripes I like? What would look good without being preppy. Mature without being TOO respectable, but still, someone that you may respect at first look.

Pants I can stick to jeans, but what about shorts? Summer is coming up so I have to wear shorts (which I hate). But what kind can I wear without looking preppy? I’m also thinking about getting some fabric or rope bracelts. Is that preppy?

sooo:
Shoes? Jackets? Socks? Headware?
shirts? Pants? Shorts? Accesories? (lmao I feel so lame asking this question on here.)
Give me recomendations if you can. And just talk about artsy styles.

I’m also kind of tight on money, but send me expensive stuff if you want and I’ll save up if I like it.

Btw, I’m a straight male, 15 years old, freshman in high school.
I don’t want to look preppy because all of the “preps”
At our school drink and are jerks.
And I just dont want to be associated with them.
But yeah, I know what the style I’d and looks like, but how can I pull it off as a 15 year old boy?
Posted in Hoodie Apparel Research | Tags: artsy, dress, style | 3 Comments »